Samsung Galaxy devices have some hidden tools like Compass, Tally Counter, Surface level, and Ruler. However, you’ve to dig into the setting to find it. This post will teach you how to get the ruler on Samsung Galaxy devices.
The list of cool things the Galaxy devices can do is growing. We have the capacity to employ your Galaxy as a true ruler among them. Indeed, the Galaxy and other devices with edge panels can be converted into a useful ruler that allows for simple conversion between inches and centimeters. You will now have one less tool to tote along.
How frequently we need to measure things is astonishing. The ability to measure things with our phones is incredibly beneficial, whether it’s keeping track of the kids’ heights or determining if product X would fit in place Y.
How to Get the Ruler Tool on Samsung Galaxy Devices
Here’s how to open the ruler tool on Galaxy devices:
1. Enable and Customize the Edge Panels
The Edge panel is one of Samsung’s most distinctive software elements that distinguish it from other Android OEMs. The latter is a One UI feature that, with the exception of some full-screen third-party games, enables users to access app shortcuts, tools, widgets, split-screen functionality, and more with easy swipe movements from practically any screen.
The Edge panel has changed over the past several years, much like many Samsung apps. Although the fundamental concept of providing users with quick access to certain functionality hasn’t changed, the Edge panel now appears and functions considerably different than it did in the past.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap Display.
- Tap on the Edge panels option and enable it.
- Now, tap on Panels. From the list, find Tools and make sure it’s selected.
2. How to Use the Ruler Tool on Samsung Galaxy
1. Go to the home screen of your Galaxy device.
2. Swipe the screen to the left from the Edge screen.
3. Navigate to the Tools screen.
4. Tap the 3 dots menu at the top and select Ruler.
5. Now, the ruler is ready right on your Samsung device’s edge screen.
6. Tap on the cm and Inch to change it in between.
That’s all. This is how you can get the ruler tool on Samsung Galaxy devices. Other than that you can also use a compass, tally counter, and surface level.