Do you want to make your Galaxy phone turn on when you pick it up? To do this, you’ll need to activate the “Lift to wake” feature on your phone. In this guide, you’re going to know where is the lift to wake on Samsung S22, S21, and others on Android 12.
Meanwhile, many smartphones have this feature. For instance, on iPhone, it’s called Raise to wake while on the Samsung Galaxy phones it’s Lift to wake.
High-end smartphones provide a variety of modest but helpful features in addition to their main functions. The so-called lift to wake gesture, which comes preinstalled on new Galaxy phones, is one of these.
Lift to Wake works by simply raising the gadget to unlock it, as the name suggests. For instance, the screen automatically turns on when you take your phone out of your pocket or pick it up off a table. It is without a doubt the simplest way to wake up or unlock your device.
Where is the Lift to Wake on Samsung Galaxy Phones?
It was originally made available in One UI/Android Pie devices, where it was listed with other cutting-edge gesture features seen on contemporary Android smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy S22, and S21 series.
Here’s how you can enable lift to wake on Galaxy phones running One UI 4.1 based on Android 12:
1. Go to the Settings app on your Galaxy phone.
2. On the Settings screen, tap Advanced features.
3. Tap Motion and gestures.
4. Finally, enable Lift to wake.
When activated, Lift to Wake causes the phone to unlock anytime it is lifted off the table or out of your pocket. As a result, unlocking is simpler and quicker.
Lock the screen of your phone by hitting the side key to test if it functions. Put the phone in your pocket or on a table while it is locked. Pick it up after that to check if the screen truly comes on. That really does speed up the unlocking procedure compared to the standard technique.
Please be aware that the lift to wake and the always-on display (AOD) operate separately and in distinct ways:
- You will reach the lock screen right away if you use the raise to wake option. Whether the AOD screen is on or the screen is off is irrelevant.
- The lock screen is distinct from the always-on display screen. You must wake up the phone or screen from the lock screen. When the screen and phone are in standby mode, the AOD screen is intended to display information.
That’s it. This post was all about where is the lift to wake on Samsung Galaxy phones like S22, S21, and others.